Forager Drinks Limited (also referred to as the "Company", "we" or "us") uses your personal data to administer the www.millysgin.co.uk website (the "Website") and, with your consent where required, to keep you up-to-date with information about the Company's products and services which may be of interest to you.
- Data is shared with third party service providers who perform services on behalf of the Company.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as for electronic direct marketing purposes, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
This Privacy Notice sets out more details of this processing, including details of your data protection rights, including your right to object to certain processing including profiling.
What does this Privacy Notice cover?
This Privacy Notice describes how the Company will make use of your data when you use the Website and register to receive further information from us about the Event.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which the Company carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when use the Website or when you order products from our site, and the Company's other products and services which may be of interest to you. This includes:
- your name;
- your address
- your email address;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access the Website; and
- information related to how you access and use the Website.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you participate in the Competition:
- We use your information to communicate with you; and
- We use your information to arrange the delivery or other provision of products or services.
As required by the Company to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- We use your date of birth to ensure that you are of the national minimum drinking age before allowing you to use the Website;
- We monitor use of the Website to help us monitor, improve and protect the Website, our events, products, content, and services;
- we use information you provide to investigate any comments or complaints received from you or from others about the Website; and
- we use information in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation), where relevant.
Where you give us consent:
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Notice and the information provided to you when those technologies are used.
For purposes which are required by law:
- We respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of the Company for the purposes identified above. In particular, we use third party providers for development, hosting and maintenance of the Website, and for marketing.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in both the GDPR and in the Data Protection Act 2018. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
For processing required to enable us to verify that you are of the national minimum drinking age, provision of your date of birth is required. If this data is not provided, then we will not be able to provide you with access to the Website. For processing required to enable us to provide you with information about the Event and our other events, products and services, the provision of your name and email address is mandatory. If this data is not provided, then we will not be able to contact you to provide such information. For processing required to enable us to administer the Competition, the provision of your data is mandatory. If this data is not provided, then we will not be able to process your entry and enable you to participate in the Competition. All other provision of your information is optional.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data for the management of a competition, we retain it for 3 months.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data for site security purposes, we retain it for 3 months.
For information on the expiry of cookies and similar technologies, please see our Cookies Notice.
Third party websites
The Website contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from the Website. We encourage use to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to Milly’s Gin 41, Frogmore Road, Market Drayton, TF9 3AU.
What are cookies?
We also use other forms of technology (such as web beacons) which serve a similar purpose to cookies and which allow us to monitor and improve the Website and our email communications. We use these in connection with cookies to help operate our websites and email communications and collect information about online activity. When we talk about cookies in this Cookies Notice, this term includes these similar technologies.
Why do we use these technologies?
- To make the Website work correctly. We use these cookies to enable you to move around the Website and to use its features; and
- To analyse and improve your browsing experience. We use these cookies to analyse usage of the Website and interaction with our content and communication, so we can measure and improve performance.
- To enable you to share content. We use these cookies to allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the Website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
How do you manage these technologies?
You may set your browser to block all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, although our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. To find out how to control or disable cookies within most browsers, consult the "Help" section of your browser or device or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may use Flash cookies to provide some content such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are managed through the Flash Player Settings Manager, which is a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. This Settings Manager lets you manage global privacy settings, storage settings, security settings, and automatic notification settings. Beginning with Flash Player 10.3, the Flash Player Settings Manager can be accessed locally on your computer: in the Control Panel on Windows and in System Preferences on Mac. Users of other operating systems and earlier versions of the Flash Player should manage their global privacy settings using the Flash Player Settings Manager provided online by Adobe. For more information or to download the latest version of Flash please visit Adobe.com
This policy was updated on 06/02/2020.